Data protection declaration
Trippen A. Spieth, M. Oehler GmbH – Privacy notice for the website www.trippen.com from 25th May 2018
Trippen takes data privacy seriously and takes care to protect your data. It goes without saying that your personal data will only be handled in accordance with the current statutory data protection regulations. Below you find information on which personal data is collected during your visit to the website and how this is used.
I. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The German company Trippen A. Spieth, M. Oehler GmbH ("Trippen"), is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and holds responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law ("GDPR").
Trippen A. Spieth, M. Oehler GmbH
II. Collection, processing and use of personal data
01. Data processing on this Internet site
Every access to our homepage and every file that is called up from our homepage is logged. This data is saved for internal system-related and statistical purposes. The following are logged: name of the retrieved file, date and time it is retrieved, amount of data transferred, report on successful retrieval, web browser and inquiring domain.
The IP addresses of the inquiring computers are also logged.
Further personal data is only collected if it is provided voluntarily, for example during an inquiry or registration.
Information is collected and stored automatically in log files which your browser sends to us automatically. This information is the browser type/version, operating system used, referrer URL and time of the server inquiry. This is not personal data. This information cannot be related to a person. Nor will this data be combined with other data sources.
The processing of your personal data is necessary for Trippen to ensure a trouble-free connection build-up of our website, to show our products and services, to ensure a trouble-free use of our website, for evaluation and system security and stability as well as for further administrative purposes.
Legal ground to process your personal data is Art. 6 (1) S. 1 f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the above-mentioned purposes of processing your personal data.
02. Processing of your personal data when using the contact form
We offer you the possibility to contact us by using the contact form provided on our website. To use this contact form, it is necessary to enter your name, a valid email address as well as your address and telephone number. Processing your personal data is based on our legitimate interest to respond appropriately to your contacting us. Legal ground to process your personal data is Art. 6 (1) S. 1 f of the GDPR.
03. Transferring data during online orders
In the event of an initiation, conclusion, execution and rescindment of a purchase agreement, we will collect, save and process data within the framework of the statutory provisions. By placing your personal data at our disposal, you agree to our using the said information in order to fulfil our obligations towards you and to provide the desired service.
We will process following categories of personal data:
- Contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number
- Payment information and payment history
- Credit information
- Order information
We only use the personal data with which you provide us for the following purposes for which they are mandatory:
- According to Art. 6 (1) S. 1 f of the GDPR when required to fulfil contractual obligations or to enter a precontract: in order to process your orders and payments, to offer you a customer service, for our correspondence with you, to deal with legal claims, to enable the technical administration of our website as well as to manage our customer information.
- According to Art. 6 (1) S. 1 c of the GDPR based on statutory provisions or according to Art. 6 (1) S. 1 e of the GDPR in the public interest to prevent you or us as well as affiliated companies from misuse of our services or fraud.
III. Data forwarded to service providers and third parties
01. Who has access to your data?
In order to process your orders in our online shop, we are required to pass on your personal data to third parties (e.g. payment service providers or the shipping company entrusted with the delivery). The information passed on to third parties shall only be used by the latter in order to fulfil their obligations or perform the assigned tasks associated with your order.
02. Card payments
In order to ensure that card payments are as secure as possible, all information provided is SSL-encoded, i.e. the data is transmitted via a secure connection and your card information is protected so that external parties are unable to access it. When accepting card payments, we collaborate with an authorised payment service provider.
IV. Transferring personal data outside the EEA
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area ("EEA") but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws. For transfers outside the EEA, Trippen will use Standard Contractual Clauses and Shields as safeguards for countries without adequacy decisions from the European Commission.
VI. Use of analysing and tracking technologies
We use the following analysis and tracking technologies or third-party technologies based on Art. 6 (1) S. 1 f of the GDPR.
01. Google Analytics
When subscribing to the Trippen newsletter we use your e-mail address and name following your explicit agreement to inform you on service offerings until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time and at no cost by using the link provided at the end of the newsletter.
This website may contain links to other websites over which we have no influence. We are unable to accept any liability for the level of data protection or contents of these websites.
IX. Duration of Data Storage
We will save your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the respective purpose of data storage. Subsequently we will delete your data, unless there are any legal requirements relating to fiscal or commercial law or other legal obligations regarding preservation or documentation obligations or in the case that you gave your consent regarding a longer data storage based on Art. 6 (1) S. 1 a of the GDPR.
X. Your Rights
01. Right to access
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact Trippen and we will provide you with your personal data via email.
02. Right to portability
Whenever Trippen processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
03. Right to rectification
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. If you have a Trippen account you can edit your personal data under your account pages.
04. Right to erasure
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Trippen at any time except for the following situations:
- You have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- You have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- You have an unsettled debt with Trippen, regardless of the payment method
- If you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
- If you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
05. Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on Trippen's legitimate interest. Trippen will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
06. Right to restriction
You have the right to request that Trippen restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- If you object to a processing based on Trippen’s legitimate interest, Trippen shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- If you have claim that your personal data is incorrect, Trippen must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- If the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead.
- If Trippen no longer needs the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
07. Right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you consider Trippen to process your personal data in an incorrect way you can contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to a supervisory authority.
XI. Your contact for data protection enquiries
In the event of questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your personal data, or for information regarding or the correction, disablement or deletion of data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Status May 2018